Pentaho Business Analytics is one project for Business Intelligence, which has a collection of open source components.
For using open source Pentaho Business Analytics, download from the Pentaho Community web site and unzip the following projects:.
- Business Analytics Platform. This project allows deploying in a web server all BI components.
- Data Integration. This project is used for creating ETL processes.
- Report Designer. This project provides a simple tool for creating reports
- Schema Workbench. This project can be used for building OLAP cubes
For using databases, download required connector (e.g., MySQL connector) and place them in the following folders:
- Business Analytics Platform
Business Analytics Platform (Pentaho Server).
Once the project has been unziped, next steps must be done in order to start the server
- For windows users, double click in the file start-pentaho.bat
- For Linux and Mac users
- Open a terminal
- Locate the terminal in the pentaho folder. (cd xxx/biserver-ce/)
- Execute the file start-pentaho.sh using the command sh. (sh star-pentaho.sh)